|An Ordinance to provide for Licensure and regulation of ambulance services:
Be it Ordained, by the Board of Commissioners of Toombs County that all licensed ambulances transporting ambulance patients from origins within Toombs County shall be staffed and equipped to provide advanced life support as defined by the Rules of the Department of Human Resources Public Health.
(1) General compliance. All ambulance services, its vehicles and personnel shall at all times be operated in compliance with laws, rules, regulations, orders and decrees of the State of Georgia and Toombs County.
(2) Base station. All ambulance services offering services to residents of Toombs County must have a permanent base of operations located within the county.
(3) Hours of operations. All ambulance services offering services to residents of Toombs County must provide said services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
(4) Certification. All ambulances and emergency medical vehicles which operate within Toombs County shall be certified for advance life support by the state department of human resources. All ambulances and vehicles operating within Toombs County shall be equipped to provide advance life support at all times.
(5) Staffing. All ambulance services offering services to residents of Toombs County or within the boundaries of Toombs County shall have at least two qualified and certified personnel on duty and available to answer calls for assistance at all times. At least one of these individuals must be certified as a Paramedic. Toombs County does not recognize equivalences in satisfaction of this requirement.
(6) Dispatch by E-911. Any ambulance service offering service to residents of the county by receiving calls or dispatches through the Toombs E-911 system will share in the cost of operating the Toombs E-911 emergency system. The County has determined that ten percent of the cost of operating the E-911 emergency system is attributable to ambulance service. Therefore any operating the aforesaid services shall share equally with all other ambulance services ten percent of the cost of operating the E-911 system.
(7) Compliance and Penalties
(a) All issues of compliance of this ordinance shall fall under the jurisdiction of the Magistrate Court of Toombs County. Any person, firm, corporation, or other entity which does any act prohibited by this article or fails to discharge any duty imposed hereby shall be subject to the imposition of a fine of $500 per violation. Each day of non-compliance with this Ordinance shall be considered a separate violation. Applicable court costs will be payable in addition to imposed fines.
(b) Violators of this ordinance shall also be subject to the injunctive powers of any court having jurisdiction in the matter.
All ordinances or parts thereof in conflict herewith are hereby repealed.
If any section, sub-section, paragraph, sentence or part thereof of this ordinance shall be held to be invalid or unconstitutional, such invalidity or unconstitutionality shall not affect or impair other parts of this ordinance unless it clearly appears that such other parts are wholly and necessarily dependent upon the part or parts held to be invalid or unconstitutional, it being the intent in enacting this resolution that each section, sub-section, paragraph, sentence or part thereof be enacted separately and independently of each other.
This ordinance shall take effect upon January 13, 2009
Adopted this 9th day of December 2008
Amended this 9th_ day of February, 2010.
Toombs County Board of Commissioners
Toombs County, Georgia